Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring is here!

I feel like I can say it now without jinxing it. We can all crawl out of our wintery dens and take in some sun. No more snow, longer days, greener lawns. he garden is ready for seeding, and it's time to start ticking projects off the list one by one.

Unfortunately, Spring means wet. And wet and horse feet do not always go hand in hand. Constantine is one of those horses who's frogs like to become infected with thrush as soon as they become a little damp. We spent a good part of the winter healing the infection which took hold in the fall, and now... It's wet again.

This time, I'm NOT fooling around. Daily foot scrubs and Lysol soaks, and monthly CleanTrax soaks will be done until I am darn sure it's dry out there. He might hate me for it, but a mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do :)





















Can you believe how big he's getting? Isn't he handsome?

Also, we got a tractor. A little Kubota with a scoop and a digger. (Those are the technical terms). I have some very unflattering pictures of myself digging out the garden with it last week, which I may or may not post at a later date :)

No comments: